Pages

Professional Photographer Magazine Competition

One thing I hate about the post Christmas period is the sales, so like many a husband I make my way to a book shop or WHSmiths to read through the magazines (I do buy if I like them…honest!)
On flicking through this months copy of Professional Photographer magazine I found that one of my images that I entered for the magazines photographer of the year competition came in the final five & was commended by the judges, the winning image came from a photographer in India (small world) but not being bitter (**?!*) I thought mine should have won.
What’s that I hear you say, what award, what category well it was the er…well…. Ok Travel Photographer of the year, well I fancied a change.

On a more serious note it was a real honour & surprise to be a finalist I couldn’t have wished for a better start to 2010, so down to London at the end of Jan for a presentation evening.

As for the image, taken on one of our recent travels of a Berber Boy in the Red Sea mountains, this kid kept following us around, hiding from us, watching us & as the sun was setting & we were getting ready to leave he just appeared on the ridge. I love the expression, framing & the colours but mainly the memory of a great day that was a hell of a lot warmer than it is at the moment.

No comments: